Sunday, August 10, 2014

GO BIG BLUE! DIY UK Burlap Wreath

Today was a rainy, crafty mood kinda day.  My mom had asked me to make her an UK wreath for her front door a few weeks ago.  She brought me some supplies and said do your thing.  I used what she brought me and added a little of my own.  Here is what I came up with......

First I painted the letters with some white acrylic paint.  


Next I wrapped a straw wreath with some blue with white polka dot burlap.  I left the plastic on the wreath to keep the straw from poking into the burlap.  I used a hot glue gun to secure the burlap, gluing after a few wraps to hold it still.  It took two rolls of the burlap to cover the wreath. 


Then I decided to add a burlap banner to the wreath to add another element.  I cut several triangles from some light color burlap I had on hand.


 I used a Sharpie to free hand the letters on each triangle to spell "GO CATS". 



After getting the letters on the triangles, I decided I would like for the black to be more saturated.  So, I used some acrylic black paint I had on hand to trace over each letter with a brush.


I used some fishing line to attach each triangle to create the banner.  I used three dots of hot glue at the top of each triangle.


Lastly, I attached the "UK" letters and the banners to the wreath using...you guessed it...hot glue.  Here is the finished product....


No comments:

Post a Comment